Wednesday 30 January 2013

Some Confessions Of A Vismigger


Yes it really has happened before. Being visited by the Police after someone has reported you as being a suspicious character and you are left having to explain and prove to them, that you are simply doing a bit of bird watching.  Also whilst birding the odd dog or sheep has sneaked up and grapped things out of my butty bag.  I have also been used as a “lampost”, I have been surrounded and almost attacked by four chunky Rams (at first I thought they were heavy duty sheep)  It also is so funny that so many passers by think all birders are "twitchers", which is definately not the case.  And one of the regular greetings is "Are you one of those twitcher fellows?" and then go on to say "and have you seen anything special.  Sometimes I want to reply with yes I have!  I've had one kangaroo, four rattlesnakes and one hippo flying past on a broomstick".